Welcome 5th graders and friends from England! I have created this blog to give my class the opportunity to communicate with students their age and share perspectives from around the world. Here in Westhampton Beach, New York my class is studying the history of the American Revolution. Much of the information presented to us here in America is from the perspective of the "Patriots." Patriots are what we refer to as the English colonists who rebelled against England during the revolution.
My goal is to gain the perspective or viewpoint of students in England on the American Revolution (or is there a different name for this in your textbooks?!) I am excited to open up this line of communication and share thoughts, questions, and perspectives with students across the ocean!
Hi my name is Victoria, I am an 11 year old in fifth grade. What grade are you in? We have been studying The American Revolution. Did you learn about that yet? Do you call it that?
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
DeleteHi my name is Dylan Hamor. I am ten years old and I live in Westhampton Beach, New York. What grade are you in? We have been studying the American Revolution. We have learned some interesting things. Do you study the American Revolution. If you do what do you call it?
ReplyDeleteHi my name is Ryan Davis.I Am 11 years old. I live in Westhampton New York. I am in 5th Grade. What grade are you in? We have been studying The American Revolution. Do you study it, if so what do you call it?
ReplyDeleteHi,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Maura Pesce I am 10 years old. I am in 5th grade. What grade are you in? I go to Westhampton Beach Elementary School. What school do you go to? Well, my class has been study the American Revolution and I was interested to know if you are learning or learned about the American Revolution (unless you call it something else.) In your school is your grade one classroom or is it more than one? My class has four different 5th grade classrooms. What is your favorite subject in school? Mine is math!! Well, please write back I hope to see your message!!!!!!
From, Maura Pesce
Hi my name is Marta and i'm a 10 year old in fifth grade. What grade are you in? We are learning about the American Revolution, do you study about it? Do you call it the American Revolution? I would like to know about how you think of the American Revolution. Please answer back. Thank You .
ReplyDeleteHello my name is Zoila Chucuy. I am 10 years old and I am in fifth grade. What grade are you in? In my class we have been studying the American Revolution. Have you studied the American Revolution.
ReplyDeleteHey my name is Richie kozlowsky. I'm an 10 year old boy is fifth grade, What grade are you in??? We've been studying the American Revolution. Have you learned about the American Revolution???
ReplyDeleteDear Students in England,
ReplyDeleteHi!!! My name is Lindsay Rongo and I am 10 years old. How old are you? I go to Westhampton Beach Elementary School. What is your school called? We've been studying the American Revolution in school. Did you learn about that yet? I would love to learn about life in England and I would be happy to answer any questions you have! Please post back soon!
Dear English friend,
ReplyDeleteHi! My name is Cailin. I was born in Virginia. I`m in the fifth grade and I am eleven years old. I am wondering do you call the American revolution the American revolution or do you call it something else? Where we fought you for Freedom? I hope you can write back soon. I guess you already know what we have been studying American history. But how old are you do you have grades? What school do you go to? I am so interested about what goes on across the ocean. Can`t wait to hear back from you your friend Cailin.
Hi my name is Isabella. I am 10 years old and I am in 5th grade. What is your name and your gender? We are studying the American Revolution are you?
ReplyDeleteHi my name is Johnny Giraldo.I am an 11 year old in fifth grade. What grade are you in? We have been studying the American Revolution.
ReplyDeleteIf you don't call it like that what do you call it?
Have you learned about this war?
Your new friend
Johnny.
Hi! My name is Anna Duchidze. What is your name? I am 11 years old and in fifth grade. We have been studying The American Revaluation. Have you heard of it? Do you call it the American Revaluation. What school do you do you go too? Are you in fifth grade to? I was not born in America, I was born in Europe to. Right now it is probably late in England. So right back when ever you can.
ReplyDeleteHi my name is Daniel and I am 11 years old. We are learning about the American revolution. Maybe you call it some thing other, please tell me what you think about it. talk to you soon
ReplyDeleteHi my name is Kevin Walsh. What is yours? Have you heard of Patrick Henry or Samuel Adams? What are learning about what grade are you in? Do you even call it a grade? Thank you and have a great day!!! :-)
ReplyDeletePS: What kind of computer do you have?
Hi my name is Joe Manzi and I am in fifth grade and I am learning about the American revolution. What do you call it ? Do you know Samuel Adams? Are you having fun?
ReplyDeleteHi my name Josh and I am 9 years old, in year 5. At the moment we are learning about World War 2 in history. We don't usually learn about the American Revolution but we've had one lesson about it and we found out that it began in 1775 and ended in 1783. We now know that Patrick Henry and Samuel Adams were popular in the American Revolution. The American Revolution was also known as the Revolutionary War. Have a great day and have fun!
ReplyDeleteHi!
ReplyDeleteMy name is Sahi and I am 9 years old. In our country we don't call our classes grades, we call them years. I am in Year 5. In our school we don't really learn about the American Revolution a lot and "Yes!" we do call it the American Revolution. The school we go to is Westbrook Hay Prep School. We haven't learnt much about the American Revolution yet,we just started this week so I don't know Patrick Henry and Samuel Adams. Here's a fact I know, the revolution started in 1775 and ended in 1783.I guess you you know more than me on this subject. By the way, who is Patrick Henry and and Samuel Adams. Hope you reply!
Hi my name is Henry and I am 10 years old. In history we are learning about World War Two. In World War Two there were
ReplyDeletefighter plains and German U boats, the German U boats can go under water and go on the top fo the water. I have a twin sister called Isabel and we go to Westbrook Hay Prep School.
Hi my name is Oliver and I am 9 years old I am also in Year Five and I am learning about World war Two. Are you learning about World War Two? I have learnt a bit about the American Revolution. I have learnt that the Revolution against the British Goverment in America began in the later half of the Eighteenth Century. Are you having fun learning about the Revolution?
ReplyDeleteHi my name is Jerry and I am in year 5. I am also 10 years old,
ReplyDeleteIn my school we do not normally learn about the Revolution. I know a Fact or two about the American Revolution: on July 4, 1776, The continteal congress adopted the declaration of independence, In which the colonies declared their independence from England. Also the Patrick Henry and Samuel Adams were very important and popular people in the American Revolution.
Your new Friend Jerry!
Hi
ReplyDeleteMy name is Angela I go to Westbrook Hay Prep School in England. I am not in the Fifth grade, I am 9 years old and I've only lernt about the American Revolution once. So I will answer as many questions as possible. I was not born in England I was born in Nigeria but I live in England. I do call it the American Revolution.
Hi my name is Olivia and I am 9 years old. In history we have learnt about World War 2. We do not learn about the American Revolution in History, but we had a IT lesson on it and found some interesting facts on the Revolution. It started because the colonists were not happy with the British government because they were taxing everybody.
ReplyDeleteHi
ReplyDeleteMy name Ellie. I am 9 years old and I go to Westbrook Hay School. We learn about Wourd War 2 in history but we don't learn about the American Revolution. In our It lesson we tried to find facts out about the revolution. I found out that for 10 years before the war started there was a lot of tension between the England and the colonists. If you have any questions please ask me!
Hi my name is Isabella and I am in 5th grade I am 10 years old and I am writing to Ellie, Ellie I think you should read my brother sam is dead it is a really good book. what part of london do you live in? we havent learned about world war 2 tell what it is about ok.
ReplyDeletelove ,Isabella
Hey Jerry we learn a lot about the American Revoultion we know about the Declaration of Independance and Samuel Adams. Will you guys be studying the American Revolution later in the year? Did you know George Wasshington was the leader of our army.
ReplyDeleteYour new friend Dylan.
Hi Ellie.
ReplyDeleteYou are right that there was alot of tension between England and the Colonies.What type of topics in World War 2 are you learning about, and who was involved? What part of London do you live inIf you would like to learn some more about the Revolutionary War you could read the novel that we are reading "My Brother Sam is Dead" or you could watch the movie called "John Adams" about John Adams.
I hope to hear back from you soon.. :) -Victoria
Angela,
ReplyDeleteHi, my name is Maura and I was wondering did you mean that you are not in 5th grade? Anyway, have you gone to Westbrook Hay prep since you were little or just did you just start going there? Have you ever read any books about the American Revolution? One book that I am reading now is My Brother Sam is Dead, have you ever read that book? Did you know that John Adams was the second president and his wife was the first first lady! Well, please wright back!!
Dear. Oliver this is Joe can you tell me about word war two? who are some famous people in the war? You should watch the movie John Adams it is about his life in the war. It is so cool if you want to learn more just reply to me.
ReplyDeleteDear Olivia,
ReplyDeleteWorld War two sounds interesting my parents talked to me about that but we didn't learn about it in school yet. What is an IT lesson. The American Revolution is cool but it was really long though. Did you know that the war didn't actually effect everyone. Crazy right? How long did the world war last?
From, Cailin
dear Ellie,
ReplyDeleteHi!! I'm Lindsay! Does your year depend on how old you are? I really want to know all about life in England. I don't know any thing about World War 2, but I would love to learn about it. I know that George Washington was the first president and was the only president voted unanimously in the electoral college. If you want to learn more about The Revolutionary War, you should read the book The Fighting Ground by Avi. If you have any questions, please ask me!!! I would love to her from you!!!
Lindsay
Dear Jerry,
ReplyDeleteCan you tell me some stuff about World War 2 we won't learn that until 8th grade or your year 8. Did you know that the colonists only had 20,000 in the beginning and only had 2,000 in the end.
Your new best friend, Ryan
Dear Olivia
ReplyDeleteI heard about you are learning about World War two. I am going to give some facts the American Revolution. The leader of the entire American army was George Washington. Another fact is that the war Begun in Boston were the pilgrim settled. Here is one more fact is that the after the war the commander of the Patriots George Washington became the first President of the us.
Hello I am Billy, and I am in 5th grade! If you want to learn more about the American Revolution you should check out a movie called John Adams. I also want to ask you about what happened during World War 2. and last I wanted to ask you is you have a beach by you? We do since we live on an island(Long Island) I hope you reply!!
ReplyDeleteHi my name is Daniel Eckart I heard that you are learning about world war two I now a lot about it because my grandpa was in the war D Day but any way did you now that Thomas Jefferson was the third president of the united states?
ReplyDeleteDear Olivia
ReplyDeleteHi. My name is Anna, and I go to Westhampton beach elementary school. I am 11 and I am in 5th grade. I would like to learn about World War 2, but we dont learn about it until 8th grade. Can you tell me about it. By the way what is an IT lesson? Hope you respond. Bye. :)
Dear Olivia,
ReplyDeleteMy name is Zoila, I am 10 years old. Can you talk to me about World War 2. In year 5 for us we don't learn it .We learn it until year 8 for us. I go to Westhampton Beach Elementary School. Can you tell me what part of England you live in? Well I hope me and you could become Best Friends and meet one day face to face. Also what is an IT lesson? Hope you respond!! If you have any questions about the American Revolution you can ask me? Bye ;)